|Tenant Applications can be picked up at
RE/MAX OF LAKE COWICHAN
PO Box 329, 81 Cowichan Lake Rd
Lake Cowichan, BC V0R 2G0
What do we think makes you a good tenant?
- You make paying your rent a priority above all else. You pay the complete amount and you pay it on time. No excuses.
- You tell the owner (or Management Company) when you see a problem. Small problems can be fixed easily. A leaking pipe can be a five-minute fix with a pipe wrench or an extensive renovation when left to fester.
- You believe in honesty. You take pride in your word and expect those around you to be honest as well.
- You are clean. You keep things tidy and do not bring an excess amount of stuff on to the property.
- You provide solid, current contact information. If your contact information changes, you are quick to update this information.
- You don’t let extra people move in with you. You know the difference between having someone visit you and having someone live with you.
- You provide and maintain a good credit rating and provide appropriate references.
- You are respectful. Respectful of yourself, in your relationships and with the property.
- You are aware that for some people, a rental unit is the only way they have to make their own ends meet. When you default, it can have huge repercussions on the owner.
- You come prepared with questions of your own. You ask questions about who to contact in case of an emergencies, you have ‘what if’ scenarios to ask about.